Monday, May 4, 2009

Honoring Our Troops: The Fox News Spin

Transcript of the Fox and Friends interview with Lizzy Palmer follows: " More than 25 million people have seen one teenagers moving tribute to the troops on YouTube here's a look at the short film titled remember me," said Brian Kilmeade.

" And joining us from Columbus Ohio" explained Gretchen Carlson, "is creator of they remember me video sixteen year old crazy Palmer good morning to listing some morning. This is the most compelling video one of them things that I've ever seen friend of mine forwarded this to me -- I'm -- so many people have done because it's had millions of hits. And when I watch this I mean you can't help but he brought to tears with that you're mission and Ruth. I don't I don't think it really.

" I don't think I meant to bring people that tears" Lizzy Palmer stated "just bring their attention to the fact that there's troops out there that doing this stuff everyday and that. They need our support and defend -- just they need another we care about them so."

Brian Kilmeade explained: "That's why sixteen year old put together a series of still pictures showing troops in various points in in this service is that how you get involved."

"That's the 1 way I am trying out what's the feedback from from these troops themselves. A lot of them sending messages and say thank you for doing this -- thank you for caring but I. I message sum back saying it's me you should be thanking you. I just I love the fact that day. They thanked me for -- but it's not me he should he be sent, " Lizzy Palmer added.

" You know it's it's really a sophisticated videotape" Gretchen Carlson added "and you were only fifteen when you put together. And I understand that you really want to actually send gift baskets she didn't have enough money so you came up with this idea for me the most compelling part of this. With the images but also the words that you wrote it just came to you like --

" Yeah. I don't really know how I thought it up" Lizzy Palmer said "but let's just put them there one night and it. It ran together so."

"And do you know anyone serving over there," Gretchen Carlson asked.

"Not at the time" Lizzy Palmer said "but now I have a really good friends serving in Iraq so that means a lot." Brian Kilmeade explained: "I understand that you are thinking about doing another and you want to actually going to college and you want to major -- music education correct.

"Yes," said Lizzy Palmer.

"All right well Lizzie Palmer" Gretchen Carlson added "tell people how they can find this video to watch it."

People can go www. YouTube dot com. And if you couldn't in the search engine remember me they'll come up and -- and one of the first two videos," Palmer added.

"All right then" Carlson added "everyone's take a look at it its final minutes of your time but well worth it. Lizzie Palmer congratulations. Thank you so -- great thanks losing meanwhile straight ahead."

No comments:

Post a Comment